I had my first experience in missions when I was 17. I was just out of High School and ready to venture into the great unknown. Adventure awaited, and I had nothing to lose!
Interestingly enough, I wasn’t following God when I signed up for missions. At the time I didn’t know it was possible to walk with God. I was shocked and delighted when I discovered missions wasn’t about me trying to make the world better on my own, but was about joining God in his mission of restoration and change.
Missions turned out even better than I imagined. It resulted in some unexpected changes in my life too. I came to missions lonely and broken. I was angry with so many people, bitter at the world, and ashamed of my brokenness. But, while giving away the little bits of kindness and compassion God helped me muster up, I was healed myself.
In 20 years of missions I’ve seen amazing things happen, but the world is still in desperate need of God’s hope and restoration. What is the solution to the brokenness in the world? It’s Jesus, of course, but it’s Jesus doing what he wants through YOU. So, my young friends, I have an invitation for you.
Come and join us on the mission field!
YOU are vital to God’s dreams becoming reality on the planet. You might feel too young, too inexperienced, too green. I felt that way too. I get it. But as I went God trained me, healed me, and taught me. He can do the same for you. I’m calling out as loud and clear as I can. We need you! We need young people in missions!
My call says something like this:
* Pouring out your life out for God among the least reached looks as good as ever!
* We need what you have to offer the world! Your contribution matters. We cannot do this task without you.
* There are huge barriers before us. They need to be pushed aside, trampled on, and laughed at until they crumple under the weight of our hope and audacity!
* It is more challenging, but more rewarding to live for something beyond yourself.
And in case you are wondering what you have to offer the mission field let me tell you.
* You are enthusiastic and energetic – and we need that because we get tired and worn out.
* You don’t shy away from the challenges and the unknown –and we love it that you have grit and guts.
* You don’t freak out when you can’t control everything – and trust me, living cross-culturally there are tons of things you can’t control.
* The world needs hope for the future – and you’re it. You will go farther and do more than we have!
* You free from many of the obligations and debts others have to carry – and you can do a lot with this freedom.
* Your brains develop and adjust quickly – to new language, cultures, lifestyles and environments.
* You are willing to admit that you don’t know everything – the older you get the harder it is to admit you don’t know everything.
* You have great, fresh, creative ideas – and the more you try them out the more ideas you will get!
* You want to be a part of something amazing – and not much is more amazing than missions.
* You value relationships and community – and the mission field is desperate for people who will make time for people.
Do you want me to keep going? Can you hear me?
The opportunities are there and the invitation stands. Come on, let’s go! It all starts HERE!
Because of Him,
DTS Coordinator - YWAM Canada
Current Sept 2014 June 2014 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 November 2013 October 2013 July 2013 June 2013 May 2013 April 2013 March 2013 February 2013 January 2013 December 2012 November 2012 October 2012 September 2012 July 2012 February 2012
YWAM International University Of The Nations YWAM Life The Tribe YWAM Vancouver YWAM Connect YWAM Organic YWAM City International YWAMer Member Care Resources YWAM Associates International Mission Builders International Create - Emerge The Cost of Community In Touch E-zine
YWAM Dunham DTS YWAM Vancouver DTS YWAM Hockey DTS Promo YWAM Fort McMurray Promo Pursuit Internship DTS Promo Turner Valley DTS Promo Justice DTS Promo Church in a Post Christendom Era GO Conference Mission Builders International